Ask The Tiger 3rss feed

Got an insurance question you would like answered or a problem that you would like resolved? If so, you can Ask The Tiger! Just email us and we will have one of our insurance experts respond to you. Following that we will post the question and answer here to help others who may have the same issue. If we can’t help, we will try and point you towards someone who can.

Ask the Tiger

Driving Without Insurance

What will happen to someone caught driving without insurance? If you are caught driving without insurance you will get an IN10 driving conviction which will stay on your licence for 4 years. Furthermore, the police could give you a fixed penalty of £300 and 6 penalty points on your licence. They also have the power to seize, and in some cases destroy, your car. If you get taken to court you could get a maximum fine of £5,000 and a driving ban. Drivers with IN10...
05/09/2013 14:23:32 Mike

Foreign No Claims Bonus

I have been living and driving in France for the last couple of years, can I transfer my French no claims bonus to my new British insurer? It may be possible to obtain a discount for your no claims period, although you will not be able to do this online. If you call one of our partners they may well be able to allow a discount for your no claims bonus as it is from an EU country. If they are not able to allow the full entitlement they could well offer an introductory...
02/09/2013 08:55:32 Mike

Renewal Too Expensive

My insurance renewal date is coming but I cannot afford to renew for a couple of weeks. Can I just leave it in the garage for a couple of weeks? Yes you can, however you must obtain a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) to inform the DVLA that this is what you are doing. If you do not inform the DVLA this could lead to a fine being imposed.
29/08/2013 08:54:05 Mike

Undeclared Conviction

I let my insurance auto renew, it has just occurred to me that I did not declare a speeding conviction. Does this mean my insurance is invalid? You must phone your insurer and let them know immediately. They may adjust your policy to reflect the change in circumstance which will more than likely cause a rise in premium which you will have to pay or, they may cancel your policy and give you a refund in which case you will need to make other insurance arrangements....
27/08/2013 08:46:35 Mike