Changing My Licence From USA To UK

I have just moved to the UK from the USA. I have a US licence which allows me to drive in the UK for 12 months before I need to apply for a provisional licence. If I apply for my provisional licence early, will it invalidate my US licence for driving in the UK? Yes, obtaining a provisional licence would invalidate your US licence for driving in the UK. As soon as you receive your UK provisional licence you must abide by the provisional licence rules which means you must display L plates, avoid motorways and be accompanied by a driver who is over 21, and has been driving on a full UK licence for a minimum of 3 years.
16/01/2013 11:54:58 Mike