Young Driver Insurance

My son is about to pass his test and I want to insure him on the family car that is registered in my name but insured for my wife as the main driver – what is the best way to do this? You should speak to your current insurer about having your son added to existing car insurance policy. Unfortunately, irrespective of who is intended to be the main driver on the vehicle the policy will be rated on the youngest driver as that individual presents the highest risk. NB: You can discuss this with your insurer prior to you son taking his test, but you will not be able to set up the policy until he has qualified.
18/06/2011 13:39:06 Jo