Pillion Passengers And Bike Insurance

If I carry a passenger on my motorbike do I have to have bike insurance that covers them also? You have to inform your insurer that you intend to carry a pillion passenger and they will normally ask you this when you set the policy up. If you only decide after taking the policy out that you intend to carry a pillion you need to declare this with your insurer. Insurers will charge a fee to have this added to the policy and this can occasionally be as high as an additional 50% on to your policy premium. You must have the correct cover in place otherwise you will be breaking the law.
11/03/2011 16:00:08 Jo