Visitor With A Foreign Driving Licence

My sister is coming to visit from the USA where she holds a US licence. Can I insure her to drive my car when she comes to stay? Provided your sister has been in the country for fewer than 12 months, she can legally use her American driving licence and you may be able to add her to your car as an additional driver. However, this depends on the type of car you drive. Some insurers will only insure certain cars for people who have been driving for short periods on a UK licence. In which case, if she wants to get around she may have to resort to a hire car.
05/07/2013 10:30:52 Mike