Tax And Insurance Laws For A Tractor

What are the tax and insurance laws for a tractor?

A standard agricultural vehicle policy in ‘Most’ cases will insure a tractor against fire and theft as long as it is used for business purposes as set out in the policy conditions.

Vehicles used solely for agriculture, forestry and horticulture are exempt from tax, but you do need to display a disc that declares ‘nil duty'. Vehicles like this can be classified under ‘agricultural machine’ or ‘limited use’ tax classifications. Tractors do not require an MOT although it is prudent to keep them roadworthy!

28/08/2011 14:00:06 Jo