Green Card Use

Where do I need a Green Card? A Green Card is not required by law to cross borders within the European Union and some other countries. This is because all EU countries and certain other countries comply with the first directive on motor insurance, which says that every insurance policy issued in the EU must provide the minimum car insurance cover required by law in any other EU country. Remember! If you are planning to travel abroad you are advised to notify your insurer as there is limit on the amount of days you will be insured to drive overseas on your policy. The countries that do require a Green Card are:
  • Albania
  • Belarus
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Republic of Macedonia (FYROM)
  • Islamic Republic of Iran
  • Israel
  • Moldova
  • Morocco
  • Russia
  • Serbia and Montenegro
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
29/11/2011 08:00:57 Jo